I’ve always trusted my followers and readers suggestions and have treasured each one. My beta readers for my novel are awesome: honest, clear and supportive. Comments on both my posts have always been spot on and I read each one with respect.
And, now I’m once more reaching out for your help.
I have written a short story…with two different endings…and I cannot decide which ending would appeal more to a reader (and publisher). Due to publishing restrictions, I can only give you a brief synopsis of the story and hope you can give me some help with my decision.
1. An aging reporter is being edged out by a younger reporter.
2. She needs a big “scoop” on a series of murders so she can regain her previous status as a crime reporter.
3. Events lead her to believe that she has found the killer but needs more proof before notifying police.
4. She follows killer and stakes out his house.
5. The killer notices her watching him and sneaks up on her while she sits in her car.
And, here’s where the two different endings come in.
My first is to let the killer attack but she manages to fend him off and capture him. She’s the hero of the day and gets her scoop!
The second is that she loses her life and the killer gets away. The headlines will carry the murder the next day and she gets the recognition she sought, just in a very different way.
Both endings I’ve written are good (or so I think) but I’m not sure how readers will feel about either one. So, I’m asking for you to vote on the poll below and let me know your thoughts!
Thanks, my friends if you’ve submitted a vote! I’ll let you know what happens to this poor soul in a week.
Yours In Writing,